Spitfire is a map creation and management tool for Benefon ESC! mobile phones.
- Load maps of all common image file formats (bmp, jpeg, tiff, kap, nos etc.).
- Reads projection parameters directly from geotif, BSB charts, NOS/GEO, MapInfo .TAB and TouraTech TTQV .CAL files.
- Import partial calibration data from ESRI world files.
- Multiple map layers, to provide seamless map to map transistion.
- Track log download, import and display.
- Overview map for easy on screen navigation.
- Tool to add positional information to your map image files (georeferencing).
- Map image rotation and skew correction.
- Full map image reprojection using custom projection parameters or with one of the many hundreds of preset configurations.
- Polynomial fitting.
- User selectable image areas can be saved and loaded into the handset.
- Automatic grey scaling with option to fine tune colour translation.
- User defined selection grid origin.
- Image resampling to provide the best balance of map detail to map size.
- Map image compression (professional version only) to further reduce map size.
- Handset map management to delete and show details of maps in handset.
- Full map encryption and licence generation support for map vendors.
- Save reprojected map image as a geotiff file.