Get Everything you need to pass your Service Strategy Exam
We offer a fully accredited, self-managed eLearning course that provides you with all the relevant knowledge you need to pass your Service Strategy exam and gain your certification. Your trainer is on standby via the forum, with response times up to 24 hours.
The $920 complete examination package contains:
105 Days access to online material, including:
iPad/iPhone compatible, instructor-led presentations, watchable at your convenience
Exercises & sample exams, designed to reinforce knowledge and prepare you for the exam
105 Days access to exam preparation eLearning course (Exam style practice questions and sample exam)
ITIL Service Strategy Exam voucher
Access to advanced trainer support (Find out more about it here.)
*Didn’t pass your exam on the first go? No problem. If you’ve got exam insurance we’ll cover the cost of your resit. Read the terms and conditions here.
This Online Learning course immerses learners in the overall concepts, processes, policies and methods associated with the Service Strategy phase of the Service Lifecycle. The course covers the management and control of the activities and techniques within the Service Strategy stage, but not the detail of each of the supporting processes. This course is designed using an engaging scenario-based approach to learning the core disciplines of the ITIL best practice and positions the student to successfully complete the associated exam.
Which ITIL® topics are covered in this course?
The Service Strategy Certificate covers the following ITIL processes:
Service Strategy principles
Defining services and market spaces
Conducting strategic assessments
Service Portfolio Management
Driving strategy through the Service Lifecycle
Understanding Critical Success Factors and risks
The Service Strategy Lifecycle course will be of interest to:
- Individuals who have their ITIL v3/2011 Foundation Certificate (or the ITIL v2 Foundation + v3 Foundation Bridge certificate) who want to purse the intermediate and advanced level ITIL certifications.
- Individuals who require a deeper understanding of the Service Strategy stage of the Service Lifecycle and how activities in this Lifecycle stage may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization
- IT professionals working in roles associated with strategic planning, execution and control within a service-based business model, seeking an understanding of the concepts, processes, functions and activities involved in Service Strategy
- Individuals seeking the ITIL Expert certification in IT Service Management for which this qualification is one of the prerequisite modules
- Individuals seeking progress towards the ITIL Master in IT Service Management for which the ITIL Expert is a prerequisite
- A typical role includes (but is not restricted to): CIOs, CTOs, managers, supervisory staff, team leaders, designers, architects, planners, IT consultants, IT audit managers, IT security managers, service test managers and ITSM trainers involved in the management, coordination and integration of strategy activities within the Service Lifecycle.
At the end of this course, the learner will gain competencies in:
- Understanding Service Management as a Practice and Service Strategy principles, purpose and objective
- Understanding how all Service Strategy processes interact with other Service Lifecycle processes
- The activities, methods and functions used in each of the Service Strategy processes
- The roles and responsibilities within Service Strategy and the activities and functions to achieve operational excellence
- How to measure Service Strategy performance
- Understanding technology and implementation requirements in support of Service Strategy
- The challenges, critical success factors and risks related with Service Strategy
The recommended minimum contact hours for the eLearning course is 21.
- Hold an ITIL v3/2011 Foundation Certificate or ITIL v2 Foundation + v3 Foundation Bridge Certificate
- There is no minimum requirement but a basic IT literacy and around 2 years IT experience are highly desirable
What's the difference between the Lifecycle and Capability certificates?
The Lifecycle and Capability certificates comprise the two streams, or branches, of the ITIL 2011 intermediate-level qualification scheme.
The Lifecycle stream-which includes the Service Strategy qualification-consists of five modules or certifications. These certifications focus on the Service Lifecycle, the use of process and practice within the lifecycle and developing the skills needed to deliver quality Service Management practices in an organization.
The Capability certificates, which are made up of four modules, are geared toward those who want a thorough understanding of ITIL 2011 processes and roles. The primary focus is on activities, execution and use of the processes throughout the entire Service Lifecycle.
About the Examination:
- Evidence of ITIL v3/2011 Foundation Certificate or ITIL v2 Foundation + v3 Foundation Bridge Certificate and completion of the Service Strategy Lifecycle course from an Accredited Training Provider is required to sit the exam
- It is recommended that students should complete at least 21 hours of personal study by reviewing the syllabus and the Service Strategy book in preparation for the examination.
- The syllabus can be downloaded from:
- The exam is a closed book exam with eight (8) multiple choice, scenario-based, gradient scored questions.
- Exam duration is a maximum 90 minutes for all candidates in their respective language (candidates sitting the examination in a language other than their first language have a maximum of 120 minutes and are allowed to use a dictionary)
- Each question will have 4 possible answer options, one of which is worth 5 marks, one which is worth 3 marks, one which is worth 1 mark, and one which is a distracter and achieves no marks.
- Pass score is 28/40 or 70%
- Distinction pass score is under consideration
Upon successful passing of the ITIL 2011 Service Strategy Lifecycle exam, the student will be recognized with 3 credits in the ITIL qualification scheme
Project Management Institute Professional Development Units (PDUs) = 21
Is this course accredited?
Yes! APMG/CSME, the official ITIL accreditors, have accredited this course and the instructors who teach it as providing high-quality training in IT Service Management.