We offer a fully accredited, self-managed eLearning course that provides you with all the relevant knowledge you need to pass your Planning, Protection & Optimization exam and gain your certification. Your trainer is on standby via the forum, with response times up to 24 hours.
The $499.95 eLearning plus package contains:
Unlimited access to study guide/textbook eBook
45 Days access to online material, including:
iPad/iPhone compatible, instructor-led presentations, watchable at your convenience
Exercises & sample exams, designed to reinforce knowledge and prepare you for the exam
45 Days access to exam preparation eLearning course (Exam style practice questions and sample exam)
Access to support forum - with trainer on standby (expected response time up to 24 hours)
*Consider upgrading to receive advanced trainer support for an extra $100. Find out more about it here.
*Didn’t pass your exam on the first go? No problem. If you’ve got exam insurance we’ll cover the cost of your resit. Read the terms and conditions here.
This online learning course immerses learners in the practical aspects of the ITIL Service Lifecycle and processes associated with the Planning, Protection and Optimization of services and service delivery.
The main focus of this course is on the PPO process activities and supporting methods and approaches to executing these processes in a practical, hands-on learning environment.
This training is intended to enable the holders of the certificate to apply the practices in Planning, Protection and Optimization of the Service Management Lifecycle.
This course uses an engaging, interactive and flexible online approach to learning the core disciplines of the ITIL best practice and positions the student to successfully complete the associated exam: the APMG Intermediate Level Certificate Planning, Protection and Optimization.
- The Planning, Protection & Optimization Capability course will be of interest to:
- Individuals who have their ITIL v3/2011 Foundation Certificate (or the ITIL v2 Foundation + v3 Foundation Bridge certificate) who want to purse the intermediate and advanced level ITIL certifications.
- Individuals who require a deeper understanding of the Service Design stage of the Service Lifecycle and how activities in this Lifecycle stage may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization
- Individuals seeking the ITIL Expert certification in IT Service Management for which this qualification is one of the prerequisite modules
- Individuals seeking progress towards the ITIL Master in IT Service Management for which the ITIL Expert is a prerequisite
- A typical role includes (but is not restricted to): Capacity Managers , Availability Managers, Change Managers, Security Administrators, Applications Support, IT Operations Managers, Network Support, Business Continuity Managers, Security Manager and ITSM trainers involved in the management, coordination and integration of strategy activities within the Service Lifecycle.
Which ITIL® topics are covered in this course?
The PPO Certificate covers the following ITIL processes:
- Demand Management
- Capacity Management
- Availability Management
- IT Service Continuity Management
- Information Security Management
- Planning & Implementation
At the end of this course, the learner will gain competencies in:
- Plan key activities for the Planning, Protection and Optimization processes in the context of the Service Lifecycle
- Attain operational excellence by using the Planning, Protection and Optimization processes, activities and functions
- Measure the success of Planning, Protection and Optimization by applying key metrics
- Utilize capacity and availability management to realize successful Service Design
- Ensure that services are fit-for-purpose and fit-for-use
- Identifying and mitigating risks
- Apply Continual Service Improvement
- Hold an ITIL v3/2011 Foundation Certificate or ITIL v2 Foundation + v3 Foundation Bridge Certificate
- There is no minimum requirement but a basic IT literacy and around 2 years IT experience are highly desirable
- It is highly recommended that you read the Planning, Protection & Optimization book prior to commencement of this program.
The recommended minimum contact hours for the eLearning course is 21.
The program combines short presentations supported by accredited trainer audio. There are also quizzes and exercises (marking scheme provided) to ensure learners are testing their knowledge and competency to enhance understanding of key concepts. Revision questions and a mock examination help to prepare for the multiple-choice APMG examination.
This program is an eLearning Program, your access details to the elearning course are in the book.
- Access to presentations with trainer audio
- The Art of Service Planning, Protection and Optimization Book
- Exercises + Answers
- Mock Exam questions
About the Examination:
- Evidence of ITIL v3/2011 Foundation Certificate or ITIL v2 Foundation + v3 Foundation Bridge Certificate and completion of the PPO Capability course from an Accredited Training Provider is required to sit the exam
- It is recommended that students should complete at least 21 hours of personal study by reviewing the syllabus and the PPO book in preparation for the examination.
- The syllabus can be downloaded from:
- The exam is a closed book exam with eight (8) multiple choice, scenario-based, gradient scored questions.
- Exam duration is a maximum 90 minutes for all candidates in their respective language (candidates sitting the examination in a language other than their first language have a maximum of 120 minutes and are allowed to use a dictionary)
- Each question will have 4 possible answer options, one of which is worth 5 marks, one which is worth 3 marks, one which is worth 1 mark, and one which is a distracter and achieves no marks.
- Pass score is 28/40 or 70%
- Distinction pass score is under consideration
- Upon successful passing of the ITIL 2011 PPO Capability exam, the student will be recognized with 4 credits in the ITIL qualification scheme
- Project Management Institute Professional Development Units (PDUs) = 21
Is this course accredited?
Yes! APMG/CSME, the official ITIL accreditors, have accredited this course and the instructors who teach it as providing high-quality training in IT Service Management.
Considering the increasing number of IT Professionals and their Organizations who want to be actively involved in IT Service Management, this book, which leads to ITIL PPO and paves the way to ITIL Expert Certification, should do at least as well as the first and second edition, which are bestsellers.