We offer a fully accredited, self-managed eLearning course that provides you with all the relevant knowledge you need to pass your Operational Support & Analysis exam and gain your certification. Your trainer is on standby via the forum, with response times up to 24 hours.
The basic $499.95 eLearning plus package contains:
Unlimited access to study guide/textbook eBook
45 Days access to online material, including:
iPad/iPhone compatible, instructor-led presentations, watchable at your convenience
Exercises & sample exams, designed to reinforce knowledge and prepare you for the exam
45 Days access to exam preparation eLearning course (Exam style practice questions and sample exam)
Access to support forum - with trainer on standby (expected response time up to 24 hours)
*Consider upgrading to receive advanced trainer support for an extra $100. Find out more about it here.
*Didn’t pass your exam on the first go? No problem. If you’ve got exam insurance we’ll cover the cost of your resit. Read the terms and conditions here.
This intensive interactive course immerses learners in the practical aspects of the ITIL® Service Lifecycle and processes associated with the Operational Support and Analysis of services and service delivery.
The main focus of this course is on the operational-level process activities and supporting methods and approaches to executing these processes in a practical, hands-on learning environment.
This training is intended to enable the holders of the certificate to apply the practices in resolution and support of the Service Management Lifecycle.
This course uses an engaging, interactive and flexible online approach to learning the core disciplines of the ITIL® best practice and positions the student to successfully complete the associated exam: the APMG Intermediate Level Certificate Operational Support and Analysis.
- The Operational Support & Analysis Capability course will be of interest to:
- Individuals who have their ITIL v3/2011 Foundation Certificate (or the ITIL v2 Foundation + v3 Foundation Bridge certificate) who want to purse the intermediate and advanced level ITIL certifications.
- Individuals who require a deeper understanding of the Service Operation & Continual Service Improvement stages of the Service Lifecycle and how activities in this Lifecycle stage may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organization
- Individuals seeking the ITIL Expert certification in IT Service Management for which this qualification is one of the prerequisite modules
- Individuals seeking progress towards the ITIL Master in IT Service Management for which the ITIL Expert is a prerequisite
- A typical role includes (but is not restricted to): Network support officer, problem manager, availability manager, configuration manager, IT operations manager, database admin and ITSM trainers involved in the management, coordination and integration of strategy activities within the Service Lifecycle.
At the end of this course, the learner will gain competencies in:
- Understanding Service Management as a Practice, Service Operation principles, purpose and objective.
- Knowing the important role of Operational Support and Analysis in service provision and understanding of how the in-scope processes interact with other Service Lifecycle processes.
- The activities, methods and functions used in each of the Operational Support and Analysis processes.
- The application of Operational Support and Analysis processes, activities and functions to achieve operational excellence.
- How to measure Operational Support and Analysis performance.
- The importance of IT Security and how it supports Operational Support and Analysis.
- Understanding technology and implementation requirements in support of Operational Support and Analysis.
- The challenges, critical success factors and risks related with Operational Support and Analysis.
- As well as preparing participants for the exam.
Which ITIL® topics are covered in this course?
The Operational Support & Analysis Certificate covers the following ITIL processes:
- The Event Management Process
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Request Fulfillment
- Access Management
- Other OSA functions, including: technical management, IT operations management, applications management
- OSA Considerations
- Hold an ITIL v3/2011 Foundation Certificate or ITIL v2 Foundation + v3 Foundation Bridge Certificate
- There is no minimum requirement but a basic IT literacy and around 2 years IT experience are highly desirable
- It is highly recommended that you read the Planning, Protection & Optimization book prior to commencement of this program.
The recommended minimum contact hours for the eLearning course is 21.
The program combines short presentations supported by accredited trainer audio. There are also quizzes and exercises (marking scheme provided) to ensure learners are testing their knowledge and competency to enhance understanding of key concepts. Revision questions and a mock examination help to prepare for the multiple-choice APMG examination.
This program is an eLearning Program, your access details to the eLearning course are in the book.
About the Examination:
- Evidence of ITIL v3/2011 Foundation Certificate or ITIL v2 Foundation + v3 Foundation Bridge Certificate and completion of the OSA Capability course from an Accredited Training Provider is required to sit the exam
- It is recommended that students should complete at least 21 hours of personal study by reviewing the syllabus and the OSA book in preparation for the examination.
- The syllabus can be downloaded from:
- The exam is a closed book exam with eight (8) multiple choice, scenario-based, gradient scored questions.
- Exam duration is a maximum 90 minutes for all candidates in their respective language (candidates sitting the examination in a language other than their first language have a maximum of 120 minutes and are allowed to use a dictionary)
- Each question will have 4 possible answer options, one of which is worth 5 marks, one which is worth 3 marks, one which is worth 1 mark, and one which is a distracter and achieves no marks.
- Pass score is 28/40 or 70%
- Distinction pass score is under consideration
- Upon successful passing of the ITIL 2011 OSA Capability exam, the student will be recognized with 4 credits in the ITIL qualification scheme
- Project Management Institute Professional Development Units (PDUs) = 21
Is this course accredited?
Yes! APMG/CSME, the official ITIL accreditors, have accredited this course and the instructors who teach it as providing high-quality training in IT Service
Considering the increasing number of IT Professionals and their Organizations who want to be actively involved in IT Service Management, this book, which leads to ITIL® OSA and paves the way to ITIL® Expert Certification, should do at least as well as the first and second editions, which are bestsellers.