Visual Lint is a plug-in product which closely integrates industry standard analysis tools including PC-lint (C/C++), CppCheck (C++) and
FxCop (C#) within the Microsoft Visual Studio and Eclipse development environments.
Visual Lint offers a number of features to help make using code analysis tools easier and more productive. These include:
- Close integratiion of analysis tools within the Visual Studio integrated development environment to make analysis results easily available to the developer.
- Files within a codebase are automatically analysed in the background to build up an "Analysis Profile" of the current solution while the system is idle. Multiple files can be analysed simultaneously, with user preferences determining the maximum number of analysis threads.
- When a file is opened for editing within the IDE, the corresponding analysis results are automatically presented in a dedicated Analysis Results and (optionally) in a dedicated pane within the Output Window. Double clicking on an issue in either display will open the corresponding source file at the offending line, and display information on what the warning actually means.
- When a file is saved, it is automatically queued for re-analysis.
- HTML and XML reports can be produced in a similar format as Riverblade's LintProject command line tool.
- Allows easy access to the manual for the active analysis tool within the development environment.
- Allows editing of the global analysis configuration within the development environment.
- Compatible with all common versions of Microsoft Visual Studio (VS2002/2003/2005/2008/2010, VC6 and eVC4) and Eclipse 3.4 onwards.
Please note that at least one supported analysis tool and development environment are required to use this product. If you need to purchase a copy of PC-lint you can purchase one from us or via a PC-lint reseller such as PhaedruS SystemS or Kessler Software GmbH.