OPC client after the specifications DA 3.0, 2.05, 1.0 enabling TCP/IP tunneling to local or networked application over computer domains, over Internet and over operating system platforms using proprietary easy and well described protocol, very easy configurable trending, displaying and own activity logging. Configuration of OPC Client groups as well as visualization is saved in XML configuration file. The OPCAdapter Basic is implemented as out of process server (exe).
Usage of the OPCAdapter:
- As gateway between your application (written for example in JAVA) and OPC servers implemented according to the specification OPC Data Access 2.0, 3.0
- As self-contained application for collecting and visualization data from a technological process. There is the possibility to select which data will be displayed graphical and which only using characters.
- As OPC client for testing your OPC servers with possibility to browse on local and/or remote servers too. It allows storing this browsed configuration to the XML file.
Other useful features:
- It is able to connect/disconnect every OPC server extra or together.
- It happens often in control and monitoring of technological process that it is necessary to power down some equipment and consequently its OPC server is disconnected too. OPCAdapter has the ability to set the period for automatically trying to connect disconnected OPC server again.
- The configuration, which is stored in XML file, gives the possibility to use it in the user client application on remote computer for construction of OPC servers address space.
Installation package OPCAdapter Enhanced contains:
- OPCAdapter out of process server (exe) application with user interface
- OPCAdapter – Windows Service without user interface
- example of the TCP/IP tunneled client application
- simulation OPC server according to the specifications DA 3.0
- xml configuration file with example of complex demo application
- help file