Check and repair DBF files
The Program Check and repair DBF is a professional tool that can be used for advanced diagnostics and restoration of the damaged DBF-files. Check and repair DBF can be used for cheking and reparation of files from the xBase programming languages family like DBASE, Clipper, Foxpro and other.
The basic features of the program are:
- The detailed analysis and diagnostics of headings structure in DBF files as well as the file structures.
- Advanced configuration options for diagnostics and restoration of data: by data type, by error types and by different possibilities of data correction.
- Checking of data based on selected options.
- Automatic restoration of damaged data based on selected options.
- Possibility to transfer certain erroneous records to a separate file.
At restoration following options are available:
- Initialization of empty fields of type Date
- Formatting of logic fields
- Formatting of numerical fields
- Exclusion of the index usage indicator from the restored file.
- Restoration of the DBF structure
- Transformation of DBF Visual FoxPro to "simple" DBF
- and more...
Check and repair DBF automatically generates a detailed error log which contains all fields with the highlighted error location and even a hexadecimal value of the field to see the non printable symbols.
After work the detailed report of work of the program stands out.
Adjustment for automatic preservation of the report of work is possible.
In delivery Demos examples DBF of files with characteristic damages, for simplification of check of working capacity of the program are included.
The demo the program version differs from the full version only that that in a check mode check only the first 50 records and restoration only the first 5 records is carried out. But for given Demos DBF of files there are no restrictions by quantity of records