MAMP PRO is the commercial, professional grade version of the classic local server environment for Mac OS X: MAMP.
Designed for professional web developers and programmers, MAMP PRO allows easy installation and administration of their development environment under Mac OS X.
New in Version 2.0:
- Minimum System Requirements: OS X 10.6.6 or higher including 10.7
- Backup and restore of virtual host data and MySQL databases added
- SSL support added
- Opportunity to chose between multiple PHP versions added*
- Most important functions now available via DockMenu
- Application dock icon now indicates running servers
- Mac OS X 10.7 "Lion" compatible
- Adaptation for MAMP 2.0.
- Main Window can now be closed
- updated libraries
- support for ZendOptimizer dropped
*We will provide additional PHP versions for download on our website.
As a professional web developer you have to test your programs in detail. In addition, you need a highly configurable developing environment with all the components also used by most ISPs: Apache, MySQL and PHP in the latest stable versions. No matter whether you want to test your latest Ajax creation, or realize a new page with a Content Management System (CMS): MAMP PRO supports you during the tests of your developments.
You can set up any number of servers to carry out tests without danger for your live system. Besides, the local name resolution is performed by MAMP PRO. To simulate a very authentic environment, the MAMP PRO also switches on the local mail server, so that dispatching mails by PHP scripts is possible.