Pro-Key-Lock is a powerful, yet easy to use shareware utility that can be used to lock specific keyboard an mouse functions. Pro-Key-Lock is ideal to be used in order to prevent users from accidentally pressing unwanted keyboard and mouse buttons.
When Pro-Key-Lock is running, an indicator icon will appear on the system tray. When you click on the tray icon, a pop-up menu will appear. All program functions, including the setup dialog box are accessible from this menu.
The list bellow summarizes some of the key-features of Pro-Key_lock
- Very simple to setup and run
- Seats on tray for easy access
- Can be configured to enable locks after a certain period of inactivity
- Can be configured in per-User or per-Machine basis
- Can be configured to display a user-specified message when computer locked or when a locked key combination is pressed
- Can be configured to run without any visible indication (e.g. no taskbar icon).
- Mouse Lock options: Left mouse button,Middle mouse button,Right mouse button,double click, mouse wheel
- Ability to lock mouse clicks inside or outside a user-defined rectangular region.
- Ability to lock specific keys including keys found in non-standard keyboards (e.g. media player keys, web navigation keys).
- Compatibility with non-US and multilingual keyboards.
- Ability to lock keys in non-standard keyboards.
- Ability to lock key combinations.
- Can prevent users from entering the Task Manager by pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del
The program works on Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7.
The new version has significant improvements over the last one.
It has a new html-based help system, supports new command line switches and, additionally,
it can prevent multiple copies of the program to run simultaneously with unpredictable results.