iPi Motion Capture™ is a breakthrough markerless motion capture digital content creation software tool that uses sophisticated image processing and computer vision algorithms to recognize and track the human body.
The iPi Basic system is designed for use with 1 or 2 depth sensors (Xbox Kinect or ASUS Xtion) or 3 to 6 webcams (Sony PS Eye recommended). iPi Soft Mocap brings a low-cost professional solution for capturing accurate animation data comparable to expensive traditional marker-based mocap systems, without the need for expensive facility space, clumsy sensor suits with reflective markers or a team of technicians.
iPi Motion Capture is a desktop solution that brings a totally new workflow paradigm to filmmakers, CG animator broadcast motion graphics designers, videogame developers and prosumers in entertainment, military and other vertical markets. You can record a video right at your workplace using a Microsoft Kinect sensors or webcams and have it converted to 3D animation on your PC. Captured animations do not exhibit artifacts like jitter or foot skate and can be easily exported in popular animation formats including FBX, BVH, COLLADA, SMD, DMX. With integrated motion transfer, animations can instantly be re-targeted to custom rigs and skeletons, including 3D MAX Biped. iPi Mocap is compatible with many leading game engines, 3D software applications and animation rigs, including Autodesk Maya, Autodesk 3D Studio Max, DAZ Studio, Poser, Valve Source Engine, Valve Source Filmmaker, Unreal Engine, Unity, MAXON CINEMA 4D, Lightwave and others.
The technology is accurate, easy to use and affordable. Free 30-days trial is available.
iPi Biomech Add-on is a convenient tool for in-depth biomechanical analysis of human motions. It includes visualization of tracking data and its export to various formats. It can be used for:
- Gait analysis and rehabilitation
- Sports motion analysis
- Research in 3D human kinematics
Markerless tracking technology does not require clumsy suits, and work in real-life environments like regular office.
With iPi Biomech Add-on you can:
- Get linear and angular quantities for selected bones, including
- Linear coordinate, velocity, acceleration
- Euler angles, angular velocity and angular acceleration
- Quaternions and rotation matrices
- Select convenient coordinate systems
- Linear: Absolute (relative to floor), Relative to parent joint, Relative to center of mass
- Angular: Absolute (relative to floor), Relative to parent joint
- Select Euler angles system
- Plot values of selected quantities for selected bones
- Export bones motion data to tab-separated text for Excel or MATLAB
- Export point clouds obtained from depth sensors to PCD or MATLAB